Global Mobility Consultant
To provide oversight and delivery of mobility services through planning, design, communication, and operational excellence, including leveraging suppliers and building capabilities for sustainable long-term cost competitive operations in support of cross border and intra-country temporary movement while integrating compliance, HR and business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the end-to-end mobility program design, including oversight of expat program and full service delivery for Vanguard. Collaborates with the stakeholders in the multiple areas (ie: Finance, Legal, Human Resources, third party vendors, etc) to monitor all aspects of individual international short term and expatriate assignments, promoting alignment with Vanguard's talent management strategy. Stays current with industry trends and best practices.
- Partners with the Global Mobility Manager in the development and delivery of the global mobility program which ultimately results in a highly satisfied expat population. Ensures Voice of Crew feedback is appropriately integrated into the global mobility standards and practices. Coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure positive employee experience, alignment with business and HR strategy, tax and legal compliance.
- Partners with the Global Mobility Manager in management of the third-party vendor relationships in support of the tax equalization and international relocation process. Develops and implements a vendor management program to ensure a strong and productive partnership exists between all vendors and Vanguard and includes key performance indicators to measure effectiveness. Plans, executes, and documents, the vendor process yearly objectives.
- Partners with HR Communications to execute a communication plan to create awareness of mobility offerings among business clients and crew. Develops change management strategies and communications plans for programs ensuring alignment with global guidelines and philosophies as well as regional regulations and local cultural needs.
- Consults with business clients to identify solutions from available program offerings and develop mobility strategies to meet the needs of the business, HR and mobile crew member. Advises and educates clients on integrated strategy ensuring that the solutions offered are cost effective, compliant and support the talent management strategy. Supports the movement of talent across in and out of the region or country.
- Collaborates with leadership to determine appropriate metrics to measure success of team, deliverables, process and overall program. Provides comprehensive reporting of program costs and metrics to senior leadership, Human Resource and business areas.
- Acts as subject-matter expert on mobility, vendor relationships, current expatriate practices and trends, and systems to provide advice and guidance to the clients on the cost-benefit of an international assignment.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years Human Resources experience.
- Experience with international assignment taxation matters including year-end tax reconciliations, or willingness / ability to gain knowledge of tax issues related to assignees is preferred.
- Understanding of immigration, specifically in the area of Visa/Work Permit filings.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills is preferred, including ability to generate innovative ideas and solutions.
- Competency with workflow and business process analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Strong client relationship skills including influence, negotiation and change management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top