Global Investment Data Architect
- Malvern, PA
Develop next generation cloud investment domain specific data designs for new line of business initiatives to cover functional and non-functional r equirements , taking into account the needs of downstream consumers both within investments and across the enterprise. Design data models and data definitions to address the needs of the initiatives with the ability to support multiple use cases. Expand several existing investment domain specific data designs to do likewise. Rationalize and consolidate existing investment sub domain specific data designs to reduce technical debt and expand reusability of data .
Collaborate with the investment business data management partners to modernize how data is catalog ed , master ed , steward ed , and govern ed in the cloud for the investment data domain. Establish and enforce the use of certified trusted data as provisioning points for accurate, timely, and complete data .
Significantly contribute to and collaborate on next generation cloud reference architectures and designs for investment data that will serve as the guidelines and guard rails for enabling the investment business to get a better handle on its investment data to more effectively manage it more as a strategic asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with senior investment business partners to advance the shared business goals and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with senior investment technology partners to enable them and their durable agile product teams to reach their goals and outcomes for their portfolio of products.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with senior shared technology services partners to ensure their support with cloud platforms , managed services and cloud reference architectures to advance the investment business goals and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with senior AI/ML data scientists and business practitioners.
- Contribute to the creation of the next generation cloud investment data architecture strategy to be followed by the durable agile product teams in the investment technology department .
- Contribute to the creation of primarily cloud based reference and implementation data architecture patterns for the durable agile product teams across the investment technology department.
- Contribute to definition and documentation of the field of use and best practices for various database types (relational, key-value, in-memory, document, graph, time series, and ledger) for investment data in the cloud.
- Contribute to definition and documentation of the field of use and best practices for various types of analytics managed services ( real time, operational, interactive, Big Data processing, data warehousing, and dashboards ) for democratizing investment data in the cloud.
- Collaborate with investment business data governance colleagues to establish optimal processes and appropriate controls to catalog, manage, and govern data in the cloud.
- Collaborate with investment technology solution arc hitects and senior technical staff on the durable agile product teams to :
-Define the data access patterns to the data in scope
-Select the fit for purpose data store / database to store data in the cloud
-Assess the appropriate sizing and layout for the data in the selected database services
-Develop the data models according to the data access pattern appropriate to the selected database services
-Ensure next generation cloud data reference architecture and patterns are followed
- Participate in special projects and pe rforms other duties as assigned
- U ndergraduate degree or equivalent combinat ion of training and experience
- Minimum 7+ years relevant work experience with 5 + years of experience as a data/solution architect
- Experience designing and delivering financial services investment related solutions for business operations and operational analytics
- Experience designing data solutions taking into account the functional requirements as well as the system qualities such as availability, performance, scalabilit y, consistency, and concurrency
- Experience designing and delivering polyglot cloud data solutions with two or more of the following database types: relational, key-value, in-memory, document, graph, time series, or ledger
- Experience with AWS database services is preferred
- Experience designing and developing a variety of cloud analytics solutions. Experience with AWS analyti cs services is preferred
- Experience in sizing, performance tuning, cost optimization and of cloud compute resources and query optimization of databases
- Experience in designing data storage architecture such as data partitioning, indexing, and compac tion
- Familiarity with cloud AI/ML developer services
- Experience with Dev Sec Ops , Continuous Integration and Contin uous Delivery
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professi onal Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of good data management practices
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top