Global Head of IT Audit Services
The Global Head of IT Audit will have broad oversight of the audit and advisory work across several divisions or business lines. You will engage with senior levels of management, including divisional leadership, to advise and report on risk, control and governance related topics as well as industry leading practices. You will communicate with global audit committees, regulators and external auditors on the results of internal audit and advisory work and various thought-leadership topics. You'll lead a team of people, including leaders, to aid in the achievement of enterprise and divisional goals.
In this role you will:
- Lead staff in a matrixed environment, building a high performing team. Conducts regular one-on-one meetings and provides mentorship, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel.
- Provides oversight as well as resource needs to support several global divisions and/or business lines. Final approval of audit and advisory reports to senior management. Responsible for the team's overall progress and measures success in completing the annual audit and advisory plan and meeting departmental objectives. Ensures operational efficiency and effectiveness of team results and sets measureable goals. Determine ways to raise standards, increase quality and improve overall performance.
- Establishes and handles relationships with divisional leadership and senior-level risk partners (ex. legal, compliance, information security). Responsible for leading several MD-level relationships. Shares perspective with team and business management by connecting meaningful industry acumen including best practices, audit standards, competitors, regulatory environment, global impact, etc.
- Participates in the development and managing of budgets for department and/or projects. Reviews expenses to ensure team is operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Sponsors a portfolio of department and/or divisional projects to effectively deliver on operational and strategic goals.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA, CFA) is a plus.
- Over 15 years of experience within the financial services industry with at least five years in a formal people leadership role.
- Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) with at least five or more years of previous project management experience preferred.
- Ability to present findings and industry insights to senior leaders across the company.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude and ability to persuade and influence others.
- Shown ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and dedication to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Experience in situations requiring tact. Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship skills and client focused mindset.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top