Gemini E2E Testing Project Manager
As a member of the Global Investment Systems sub-division, you will have the distinction of supporting a client base which is the driver of the investment engine of Vanguard in one of the most challenging, yet exciting business environments. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization and how we manage investments at Vanguard into the 21st century.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the investment management industry, who love to learn, and are eager to spread their ideas and passion, while leaving their mark. This is the place you want to be if you desire an experience where you can have a positive impact by building partnerships to forge a new future through innovation, experimentation, and collaboration.
The purpose of this role is to provide senior level IT project management within the GEMINI (Global Equity Management Investment Initiative) Program. You will be responsible for managing 10 project team members to ensure deadlines are being met and status updates are provided. In addition, will be accessing the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables.
- Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Updates schedule in IT Project database. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
- Communicates with internal client, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and client.
- Develops strong relationships with client. Helps client write document deliverables and coordinates efforts of team members helping to write client deliverables.
- Indirectly manages team members. Works with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Ensures team submits time sheets and status reports.
- Leads and facilitates design and test inspections throughout the functional testing development life cycle to identify issues. Leads and facilitates other project meetings, such as those with internal clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards by team members.
- Responds to and resolves development issues in a timely manner. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
- Ensures team complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures team complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and ensures deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years experience in IT specialty.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Familiarity with Investment Management a plus
Advanced knowledge of the following IT project management practices and concepts:
- Agile software development, along with Shift Left and Jira
- Systems analysis and design techniques
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top