Fund Financial Associate
To perform unit tasks in support of all appropriate fund accounting and valuation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the daily tasks of the unit as measured by applicable dashboards this includes input, reconciliation, the cash settlement activity of the Core Services unit.
- Ensures accuracy of general ledger accounts and price control for functions performed by unit through verification or reconciliation of a subsidiary.
- Independently identifies issues. Analyzes and implements proper solutions.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation of all current procedures.
- Adheres to various control standards to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Works to gain a solid conceptual understanding of unit's processes and their impact to internal and external clients.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external clients and business partners. Proactively fosters effective communication. Anticipates clients' needs and ensures clients' satisfaction related to the services being provided.
- Serves as a resource to the department. Provides assistance and training support for new Crew as needed. Participates in cross-training as needed.
- Maintains unit's dashboards to support Vanguard's Unmatchable Excellence (VUE) efforts. Initiates and participates in VUE Project Improvement Teams. Understands and mitigates unit's business risks.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor's degree (Accounting/Finance) preferred.
- Minimum one year of related work experience. Two years general business experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in personal computer applications including Word and Excel.
- Good time management, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to adjust to change.
Available to work beyond core hours in order to meet business needs.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top