Full Stack Software Engineer - SRE
Make investing seamlessly simple
As a global leader, we need to harness the technology of the future. As an engineer within Global Technology Operation's Site Reliability Engineering team, you'll build and integrate the features and tools that enable investing solutions to be accessible to millions - across multiple platforms and critical business applications and Machine Learning Platform; including the SRE Data Lake. This role will be a challenge, but it's one you'll rise to. Make your real passion for great user experiences count!
In this role you will
- Learn the latest technologies as you analyze, design, develop and implement solutions that enable us to meet or exceed high availability goals for our critical applications/infrastructure
- Share your deep understanding of software development methodology and full stack instrumentation as you mentor colleagues with less experience
- Integrate third-party products with ours, making sure they work seamlessly for investors
- Enable and foster an "Automation First" approach - ensuring we meet and/or exceed our efficiency goals
- Build automated inspections throughout the development life-cycle, identify technical considerations and using your extraordinary communication skills to explain their impact to colleagues while building in resiliency patterns
- Be familiar with self-diagnosing and self-healing frameworks and be integral in broadening this capability across our critical workloads
Design the changes that change how people invest
Agility, experimentation, curiosity about new ideas - they are attributes that take our technology further. So when you join us as an Engineer, you can expect a receptive culture and the technical resources to help investors achieve their financial goals. It's the perfect environment for you to build on your technical expertise and problem-solving skills; Especially, as you're surrounded by colleagues who will push you to think differently, inspire you to make an impact, and applaud you for the results you achieve.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Advanced proficiency with at least three of the following, Java Server Pages (JSPs), JAX-RS / Jersey APIs, Python, Machine Learning, AI agents
- Spring Framework experience
- Subversion and Git
- Basic SQL competency is expected
- Hands on experience with cloud ecosystem such as AWS/PCF/Google Cloud/Azure
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as building out a data lake
- APM and distributed tracing solutions such as Dynatrace/AppDynamics/Jaeger/Zipkin
Specializations that will make an impact
Machine Learning/AI, Big Data, Full stack Instrumentation
This position can be based in either Wayne, PA, or Charlotte, NC.
This position IS eligible for relocation assistance
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top