Full Stack Fintech Engineer
As a Fintech Engineer your job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching newest trends and technologies in the fintech space.
- Continuous pursuit of developing your acumen across the appropriate technical spectrum.
- Rapid development of prototypes to prove concepts proposed by investment teams.
- Working with latest cloud technologies to efficiently deploy we applications to investment teams.
- Developing tools to enhance team productivity and deployment.
- Participation in design, code, and testing throughout the life-cycle of products.
- Building relationships with other IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed solutions.
- Working with external partners (academic, industry, and start-up) to generate ideas, test new products and data sources, and bringing those capabilities into our cloud test labs.
- Assisting data scientists with required tools and infrastructure.
- Developing and maintaining strong understanding of investment management business functions and data structures.
- Collaborating on cross-functional teams, leveraging all backgrounds and expertise, to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Providing thought leadership and expertise.
- Participation in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in computer science, computer engineering, or other STEM degrees. Graduate level degree is preferred.
- Understanding of system architecture, including data modeling techniques, OOP, and design patterns.
- Strong-written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with or desire to gain superior knowledge of financial markets and investment management is desired.
- Experience in cross-functional teams and/or start-up environments is a plus.
- Full stack development expertise is a plus
- This job, will be located in Malvern, Pennsylvania (suburbs of Philadelphia) at Vanguard's Global Headquarters
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top