Full Stack Engineer
- Charlotte, NC
As a Full Stack Engineer on a Retail Advice Delivery team, you'll work in a fully dedicated, co-located and durable team working to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within Personal Advisory Services.
The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
This Mid-level Full-Stack engineer position will be working on critical components of the Retail Advice Technology Strategy and poised to be a key contributor to the future of the Vanguard cloud re-platform.
Members of our team are involved in full stack development and enjoy the fact that we have true product ownership of the tools we support.
Our 2024 vision demands that "Vanguard's technology enables disruption through client experience, investment products, and advice."
Running in the cloud on Elastic technology will be a key enabling technology for our most critical strategic objectives and will allow us to meet our goals of 90% of our systems running in the cloud and 99.999% availability for our mission critical applications.
- You are familiar with the inner workings of AWS, ECS, Fargate, and Docker containers
- You have a working knowledge of Monitoring production workloads in AWS (CloudWatch, ELK, Grafana)
- You are familiar with core AWS concepts and services (S3, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB)
- You have a working knowledge of Unix, Bash, DNS
- You are familiar with managing AWS infrastructure using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform. (alternatively PCF experience)
- You are excited by AWS cloud adoption and eager to help us build the future of Vanguard cloud compute
- You are determined to transform technology infrastructure by adopting the cloud and DevOps practices
- You want to work with other talented engineers and foster a culture of innovation, efficiency, independent thinking and collaboration
- You are able to troubleshoot effectively throughout the development lifecycle
- You are able to self-train on emerging technologies and share what you learn with others.
You are Innovative, creative, flexible and passionate about software engineering, the engineering lifecycle, and creating great, usable, software solutions.
- Building apps and services using AWS ECS
- Git, Jenkins
- Apigee API management
- Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery pipelines
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Tamara T.Senior Leader, Talent Acquisition
Tamara and her team act as an embedded marketing team within the talent acquisition department, creating campaigns that reach the right candidates for Vanguard.
Back to top