The Full Stack Developer role has the following responsibilities:
- Capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy within a collaboratively minded team
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement to projects for internal clients.
- Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects that are well structured and backed by automated tests
- Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation
- Provides system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Docker Containers
- AWS - ECS Fargate, DynamoDb, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, Nrwl Nx (Monorepo Tooling)
- Familiar with agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban or adopt Lean principles
- Be able to design front-end and back-end solutions for test driven development
- Able to work on continuous delivery pipeline using Bamboo and run automated tests using Junit, Protractor, Jasmine and Selenium
- Experience in Agile Development
- Understands relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and rest of technical team
- Strong communication skills with ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Strong strategic problem solving skills to innovation
- Knowledgeable in databases and can speak about uses cases for different types
- Pragmatic approach to software development including continuous improvements, testing, and user-focused software
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.