Front-End Developer – A/B Testing (AngularJS)
Looking for an opportunity to work with a highly engaging team dedicated to optimizing the user experience on the web? We are seeking a person who has a passion for developing highly engaging user experiences, using data to measure the effectiveness of the designs, as well as to seek out new opportunities for digital experimentation. This person will have the opportunity to work with a team whose sole focus is using A/B testing methodologies to develop and test new designs on our website. In this role, you'll be working with our Experimentation Product Owner, developers, QA testers, designers, content writers, marketing managers and others to find opportunities for experimentation on our website, and bring the ideas to life.
Duties and Responsibilities
Translates advanced design compositions into clean, standards-compliant, semantic markup and responsive webpages or native applications by understanding the layout and behavior of the design. Works on moderately complex projects under moderate direction.
Works with business owners, designers, UX strategists, and developers to implement a high quality user experience. Recommends improvements in functionality, navigation, and UI design elements that enable users and internal business clients to achieve their goals. Builds working relationships across the department.
Develops working front-end code for testing and experimentation, including usability and A/B and multivariate testing.
Works with IT to advocate for functional and efficient production client-side code. Collaborates with designers to realize and finalize prescribed web designs and system behaviors. Works with project teams to understand the business needs, and prototypes the design solutions as necessary.
Effectively presents work to the project team, stakeholders, and departmental leadership.
Maintains awareness of all of the available components and patterns, and works with project teams to identify new or revised components/patterns required to complete the designs. Collaborates with other teams for new and updated components/patterns.
Has working knowledge of the client-side and server-side architecture for website development. Creates and maintains reusable component libraries for design patterns and behavior patterns. Incorporates content management systems as needed into the website architecture.
Provides manager with realistic estimates of the level of effort needed to complete new projects.
Tests webpages and conducts functional testing for team projects. Audits Vanguard webpages to ensure they project the desired look and feel. Completes applicable test documentation.
Researches the evolving technologies related to this role.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or design, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum three years industry/field specific experience. Minimum of one year of front-end development.
- Experience writing regular expressions preferred.
- Experience with node.js and related node-based tools, as well as the iPhone SDK is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of web standards and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Extensive experience taking design comps and translating them into their web-based equivalents.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion and/or Git, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of the following UI design practices and concepts: user-centered design, highly interactive interfaces, UI heuristics and principles, technical writing, business and user workflow, logical information organization and navigation, prototyping, and use case scenarios.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top