Create the products that are changing an industry
Create the next generation of the user experience for Advice at Vanguard working with the latest technology including Angular 9 and AWS ECS Fargate. Be a part of a dynamic team that's not afraid to pivot, work hard, have fun and have a measurable impact on the success of our clients!
Advice is a direct expression of our mission to give all investors the best chance for investment success and PAS is the vehicle by which we'll bring Advice to millions. We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Developer Chapter Lead will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will impact the way the world invests.
In this role you will
- As a Developer Chapter lead you will be spending about 60% of your time coding angular webapps, automated tests and keeping your skills sharp and 40% of the time coaching and ensuring the growth of your team.
- You will ensure that standards and best practices are followed, collaborating with other chapter leads within the product family and beyond.
- This is a great opportunity to step into people leadership and help shape the engineering organization all while maintaining your technical edge!
Bring invention to investing
The PAS CX Lab team is looking for a Developer chapter lead to help lead that mission. In the PAS Lab team, you are a leader that is vertically aligned, working side by side with those you lead. You'll have a closer alignment to your crew, have better visibility into their work, and have the ability to provide real time feedback as well as influence the environment that your team works in. Work directly with designers and data analysts to test, build, and iterate on the latest PAS client experience. Act on direct feedback from clients and advisors and have your ideas heard on how we will create a world-class CX!
- Expertise building modern UIs using Angular/Vue/React and Node (Angular Preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience with AWS(ECS Fargate) is a plus
- Problem-solver, and a player coach mentality is highly desirable
1. Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Works with product leaders and functional leads to ensure adequate development resources are in place in alignment with strategic goals.
3. Provides expert level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases. Integrates third party products. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
4. Identifies potential solutions and approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
5. Ensures consistency of the knowledge and skills, sharing best practices and common challenges in their area and others. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff� as new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members.
6. Communicates with key stakeholders on project issues and implications. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas. Provides realistic task and cost estimates.
7. Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members. Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
8. Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
9. Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience, with at least three years of development experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.