To research and write copy used in promotional, shareholder education, and other communications materials. To create accurate, high-quality copy in a timely manner that meets business objectives and can be used in variety of communications projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and reviews copy that educates the reader and meets specific marketing goals. Ensures copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with clients and colleagues to brainstorm and develop creative concepts while maintaining the tone and that are uniquely Vanguard's.
- Maintains job history and records time spent on each project. Meets all internal and external client and production deadlines. Seeks to improve departmental processes and effectiveness by using VUE methodologies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Vanguard funds, the financial markets, and general investment topics. Researches new or develops topics as necessary.
- Lends services to department crew as needed, working with others in a collaborative, team-oriented manner.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, English, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional writing experience, preferably with newspapers, PR agencies or corporate communication departments.
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, readable prose.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Financial background or aptitude helpful.
Occasional extended hours required to meet deadlines.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top