Financial Messaging Technical Lead
Drive innovation for investors everywhere
Doing the right thing for investors means being able to respond to their changing needs, expertly and with meaningful technology. To keep pace with dynamic markets, regulations and customer demands, IT systems need to evolve and adapt accordingly. Together we'll partner with world-class technology solutions that support Vanguard's Investment Management, Accounting, and Treasury Operations around the globe. This will allow Vanguard to offer clients ways to improve the quality and efficiency of software. As a Technical Lead, you'll make sure to make these improvements count.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with Enterprise Security, IT Risk, and infrastructure platform owners
- Represent Vanguard as a member of the SWIFT Technical Committee to motivate change across the industry
- Continuously stay on top of their technologies and industry
Where integrity meets innovation
From true product ownership and continuous delivery to lean management and agile approaches, you'll pioneer new methods to IT delivery for our investment, accounting, and treasury operations around the globe. We're trailblazers for the industry so, as one of our Technical Leads, you'll have an impact that reaches beyond your own team. Technical know-how is essential, but you'll also need an infectious enthusiasm for new ways of working, strong analysis and problem-solving skills and a good grounding in the financial services industry. Get ready to make an impact, as you build your own profile and experience.
What it takes
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or the equivalent of training and experience
- 8-10 years IT experience, with 2-5 years of hands on experience with the SWIFT Alliance family of products
- Will be a quick learner, able to conduct independent research, methodical, careful, and very well organized
- Must be able to lead a development team and provide hands on support
- Strong knowledge of basic computing principals, including security protocols and methods
Specializations that'll have an impact
- SWIFT Customer Security Program Policies & Control Objectives
- UNIX (Linux) Administration
- SWIFT, TIBCO, or Axway Decision Insight required
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and firewall rule administration, along wtih other Messaging, ESB, or Integration Technologies (eg IBM MQ, TIBCO)
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top