Financial Coding Supervisor
The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management. Internal to the Finance division, high caliber professionals in our Finance Transformation group lead the division to future state operating models through leadership of large scale global transformations.
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. The Finance Transformation group is currently seeking a Financial Coding Supervisor to supervise daily activities for domestic and international research items, exceptions, and help desk activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures in accordance with corporate and department policies and procedures. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wages increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages the day-to-day triage activities including but not limited to research and resolution to ensure accurate coding of vouchers, invoice exceptions, third party statements, and email/phone inquiries.
- Assesses current procedures and proposes improvements across process to implement changes across division to strengthen internal control, enhances efficiency and maximize opportunities to educate the enterprise on financial coding. Considers impact of procedural changes on Enterprise Supplier Management groups and key stakeholders such as the Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Corporate Tax Teams. Ensures crew follow established department metrics, performance measures, and crew-level metrics using UVE and six sigma methodologies.
- Supports Vanguard's Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risks. Ensures that crew follow all processing activity according to established controls, identifies trends and implements action plans to ensure that policy adherence and risk mitigation is attained. Identifies and implements additional controls to ensure appropriate management oversight.
- Maintains a highly productive relationship with internal and external domestic and international business partners that include but are not limited to Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Corporate Tax Teams. Supports relationships between Vanguard and its vendors through regular interaction with representatives to support Vanguard's needs and resolve issues.
- Leads efforts to define system needs, identify priorities, and recommend solutions on assigned initiatives. Ensures the execution and direction of the initiatives to ensure requirements are implemented accordingly. Acts as subject matter expert on all business processes and projects.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum three years related work experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Systems knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop client relationships.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top