Financial Advisor Development Program - PA
Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP)
In order to be considered for our Financial Advisor Development Program, you MUST be eligible to sit for the CFP® exam upon graduation. Completion of the CFP® certification education component, meeting CFP Board requirements, is necessary prior to starting as you will sit for the CFP® exam in the program.
The Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP) is a two-year rotational program within Vanguard's Retail Investor Group (RIG) that prepares participants for a career within Personal Advisor Services (PAS). The program offers participants the opportunity to develop skillsets critical to success as a Financial Advisor under the direct supervision of an experienced CFP® professional.
Throughout the program, participants gain invaluable experiences by rotating through Vanguard's high net worth and business development groups. The rotations pair together the opportunity to build deep, long-term relationships with Vanguard clients with exceptional training, including a focus on: Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills, consultative sales skills, and methodology. Participants will have the exclusive opportunity to be mentored by a CFP® professional and will receive on-going support throughout the program. The dedicated support system in place includes a direct supervisor to guide participants throughout the program and provide individualized development opportunities, rotation supervisors to provide support in focus areas and competencies unique to our high net worth and business development groups, and the PAS Leadership Team to further aid in training and development opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will continue developing on-going relationships with clients and enhancing skillsets as they provide portfolio management to a diverse array of Vanguard's Personal Advisor clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients' financial situations in order to create and develop a suitable strategy for clients' portfolios based upon Vanguard's investment methodology.
- Educate clients and help determine investment strategies to achieve client goals. Identify the appropriate risk tolerance, discuss appropriate savings goals and/or spending strategies, and provide additional financial planning solutions, as needed. Recommended investment strategies will be communicated both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for establishing and defining relationships with Vanguard clients, gathering detailed client information, analyzing financial statuses of clients, developing financial planning recommendations, and implementing these recommendations in clients' portfolios.
- Initiate and implement agreed upon investment strategies, while complying with Vanguard methodology and investment guidelines, adhering to compliance standards through clear documentation. Utilize advanced department technology and tools to provide the optimal client experience.
- Support Vanguard's core purpose - "To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success" - in each client interaction.
- Demonstrate advanced Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills, along with strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with clients through different mediums.
- Participate in Vanguard's business development process, leveraging a unique consultative sales approach to build and deepen relationships with prospective clients.
- Work collaboratively within the program group, Advisor team, and other business partners.
- Focus on professional development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets, the financial services industry, and the competitive landscape.
- Actively participate in mentorship program with an experienced CFP® professional.
- Successfully complete the CFP® exam during the program, utilizing resources and support provided by Vanguard, which include: provided CFP® exam study and review materials, instructor-led review class, and dedicated time with subject matter experts.
- Stay abreast of significant changes and developments within the financial services industry (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, and competitive). Maintain all required licenses and designations.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and innovative business solutions, supporting Vanguard's desire to provide exceptional client and crew experiences.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Progress towards completion of the CFP® certification education component, meeting CFP Board requirements.
- Progress towards preparation for or completion of the CFP® exam highly preferred.
- Series 7, 63, 65, or 66 licenses (or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position, utilizing resources and support provided by Vanguard).
- Industry internship preferred.
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively manage change in an ambiguous environment.
- Passion for helping and educating clients as it relates to their investment portfolios and dedication to Vanguard's mission of providing them with the best chance for investment success.
- Support of Vanguard's overarching values of integrity, focus, and stewardship.
- Strong investment orientation and passion for advancing this knowledge on a continuous basis.
- Interest in providing asset management services.
- Excellent written, verbal, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top