Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP)
The Financial Advisor Development Program is a two year rotational program within Vanguard’s Personal Advisor Services division. This program offers participants the opportunity to develop practical Financial Advisor skills, under the direct supervision of a CFP® professional. The rotations enable participants to receive exceptional training focused on, CRM, consultative selling, and methodology, while building deep, long-term relationships with clients and providing portfolio management to a diverse array of our Personal Advisor clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of a CFP® professional, a participant is responsible for establishing and defining relationships with clients, gathering client data, analyzing the client’s financial status, developing financial planning recommendations, implementation, and monitoring financial planning recommendations.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each client’s financial situation in order to create and deliver a suitable strategy based upon Vanguard’s investment philosophy.
- Educate clients and provide investment strategies to achieve client goals. Identifies the appropriate risk tolerance, discuss appropriate savings or spending strategies, and provide additional financial planning solutions as needed. Provide both verbal and written plans to communicate the recommended strategies following department guidelines.
- Conduct periodic review of portfolios and provide appropriate reports addressing client’s ongoing advisory needs.
- Demonstrate advanced Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with clients over different mediums.
- Participate in the business development process as needed leveraging consultative sales approach with prospective clients to deepen relationships and conduct consultations during the enrollment process.
- Initiate and implement the agreed upon investment strategy; comply with Vanguard methodology and investment guidelines; adhere to clear documentation to meet compliance standards. Utilizes department tools and technology to provide the optimal client experience.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate strong participation within the team and internal business partners.
- Focus on professional development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets, and the financial services industry.
- Stay abreast of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, and competitive) within the financial services field. Maintain all required licenses and designations.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory and departmental policies and procedures.
- Continuously identify process improvement opportunities along with innovative business solutions.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Progress toward completion of the CFP® examination highly preferred.
- Series 7, 63, 65, or 66 (or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position).
- Strong investment orientation and interest in providing asset management.
- Excellent writing, speaking and Client Relationship Management skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively manage change in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time-management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top