Financial Advisor Associate
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Financial Advisor Associate to build ongoing relationships and provide portfolio management to a diverse array of clients and communicate our investment philosophy and recommendations in a clear and concise manner while working within a collaborative team environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Develops a thorough understanding of each client’s financial situation in order to create and deliver a suitable strategy based upon Vanguard’s investment philosophy. Provides investment strategies to achieve client’s goals. Identifies the appropriate risk tolerance, discuss appropriate savings or spending strategies and provide additional financial planning solutions as needed. Provides both verbal and written plans to communicate the recommended strategies following department guidelines.
- Conducts periodic reviews of portfolios and provide appropriate reports addressing client’s ongoing advisory needs.
- Demonstrates advanced Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participates in the business development process as needed with prospective clients to deepen relationships and conduct consultations during the enrollment process.
- Initiates and implements the agreed upon investment strategy; complies with Vanguard methodology and investment guidelines; documents and maintains organized client files which meet department compliance standards.
- Utilizes department tools and technology to provide the optimal client experience.
- Works collaboratively and demonstrates strong participation in a team environment.
- Focuses on professional development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets, and the financial services industry. Stays abreast of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive) within the financial services field. Maintains all required licenses and designations.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory and departmental policies and procedures.
- Continuously identifies process improvement opportunities along with innovative business solutions.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years customer service and client relationship management experience. Making progress toward completion of the CFP® examination and relevant work experience preferred.
- Series 7, 63, and 65 required.
- Track record of increasing responsibilities and success in prior roles.
- Strong investment orientation and interest in providing asset management.
- Excellent writing, speaking and client relationship management skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively manage change in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balances multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrates exceptional time-management skills.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top