Change how the world invests, one client at a time
At Vanguard, we're taking a stand for all investors. You can help us advance this mission by joining Vanguard as we strive to redefine the advice industry. When you join Vanguard, you'll help steer the financial futures of our clients. Make it count.
As a Financial Advisor you will build and maintain relationships with Vanguard clients by delivering customized financial advice and portfolio management guidance.
In this role you will:
- Identify client needs and work with internal partners to determine a solution. Partner with sales executives in business development and sales processes.
- Maintain client records and ensure compliance with Vanguard methodology and investment guidelines.
- Support the analysis of client investment risk tolerance, discuss appropriate savings or spending strategies, and provide additional financial planning solutions.
- Conduct periodic reviews of portfolios and creates reports that address ongoing client advisory needs.
- Implement wealth building strategies based on Vanguard's investment philosophy and client goals.
- Develop an understanding of client financial situations.
- Develop general knowledge of Vanguard funds, products, and services to help educate clients. Maintain general understanding of financial planning, capital markets, and the Financial Services industry.
- You will have at least 1 year of financial planning or paraplanning experience.
- Experience within Financial Services industry preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- This job requires a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role-specific duties.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.