Finance Technology Program Manager
The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. The Finance Division is currently seeking a Finance Technology Program Manager.to champion the strategic implementation of business technology on behalf of the Division.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance and provides regular and ongoing feedback.
- Leads development and maintenance of multi-year strategic and tactical technology plans for division. Works closely with senior business and IT leaders, and their teams, to align key strategies with appropriate technology programs and projects. Aligns and influences programs and projects across multiple business lines to ensure appropriate packaging and execution of capabilities to maximize client impact and efficiency of technology resource utilization. Ensures IT objectives (data strategies, system retirement objectives, etc.) and the use of new and innovative technology solutions are integrated into project plans.
- Manages prioritization, implementation scheduling, and budgeting for the technology plan. Actively manages upward and downward project pressures and works with business and IT to continuously re-align projects, programs, capabilities and costs to ensure cohesive and efficient technology development and implementation. Leads monthly Technology Review meetings with senior leadership - plans and coordinates the agenda's, presentations, topics for discussion and decision making. Leverages this forum to ensure buy in and awareness for all key projects, milestones and change management activities.
- Ensures best practices and methodologies around project management, governance, \"right start\" practices, change management, etc. are followed for all technology projects. Refine and execute best practices for business project management methodologies, integrate with IT processes, clarify roles and responsibilities for all projects.
- Leads the development and execution of business change management and communication plans, or ensures integration of these activities with other major programs as appropriate. Ensures highly effective communications and business readiness regarding project status and issues occur regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums. Establishes metrics (i.e. business dashboards) to evaluate teams' effectiveness and progress. Clearly communicates recommendations and/or requests for information to a wide range of audiences throughout Vanguard.
- Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussions of new products and services. Controls aspects of projects involving legal and compliance issues, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, reporting, budget and benefits measurement.
- Serves as primary relationship manager with IT Systems and other system providers. Ensures full utilization of available resources and monitors planned vs. actual expenditures.
- Provides expertise and information on various interrelated aspects of the business and technology management process.
- Assists department head in the development of the departmental budget/departmental organizational structure.
- Leads/participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of seven years business experience, with five to seven years of progressively responsible and related project management/technology experience.
- A broad based knowledge of, and experience with key technology.
- Familiarity with the division, and web services preferred.
- Excellent leadership, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills, client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels throughout the division.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Previous experience leading the modernization of core financial planning and reporting systems to the cloud and supporting the related business process changes is desired.
- Currently Vanguard uses Hyperion Essbase on premise tools. In addition to upgrading the core financial planning and reporting systems this position will also lead the effort to use innovative data analytics tools to further enhance the tools to support financial analysis across the Finance Division. Experience with data lakes in AWS and providing those tools to a decentralized FP&A team with the ability to self-serve is a bonus.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top