Finance Manager, Germany
- Berlin, Germany
Financial integrity from the inside out
At Vanguard we've built up over $5 trillion in assets by doing what's right for investors. As a Financial Controller, you'll help safeguard those assets. Using the highest levels of integrity, you'll collect and maintain the accurate information we need for financial, regulatory and tax reporting. We'll look to your local and regulatory expertise to help drive an agenda that promotes efficiency and minimizes risk, so we can continue to deliver extraordinary value. Join us and help us strengthen our dedication to great value!
In this role, you will:
- Prepare/review financial statements under German GAAP
- Lead the planning, interim and year-end external audit process including issue resolution
- Prepare and submit scheduled Bafin/Bundesbank regulatory returns
- Coordinate and complete initial review of corporate income tax and VAT returns prepared by local advisors
- Prepare regularly scheduled comprehensive board reporting and associated memos
- Assist with Bafin/Bundesbank/tax authority regulatory/tax queries and reviews
- Input into P&L and Balance Sheet forecasts
- Input into the month end accounting close process (including quarterly tax reporting), assisting with local business accruals
- Develop, run and monitor entity specific processes and controls, and oversee key risk indicators
- Treasury oversight in management of corporate bank accounts
- Assist with the accounts payable processes occasionally
- Assist with payroll tax issues occasionally
- Keeping up-to-date on regulatory change and the impact for Vanguard's German entity in the context of financial control and tax
- Attend industry events to increase knowledge of the market and regulatory requirements
- Assist with transfer pricing documentation requests
- Ad hoc projects - some financial control related and others that span multiple teams across the organization
- Support responses to investor tax queries with assistance from local advisors
What it takes
- Minimum of eight years related work experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Finance or Accounting degree preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Investment Management experience preferred, Financial Services experience required
- Languages - Business German & Fluent English required
- Tax and financial control experience required, appreciation for financial planning & control (FP&A) preferred
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
INTERNAL CREW, CONTRACTOR & DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY
Please note, current suppliers and potential suppliers are not permitted to communicate with or contact or send or otherwise provide any speculative resumes to any department, business unit, subsidiary or affiliate of Vanguard, or any employee thereof, at any time unless expressly instructed or permitted by a member of Vanguard's HR department. For the avoidance of doubt, Vanguard will not pay any fees to a supplier or potential supplier in respect of any candidate unless Vanguard has either requested the referral or given its prior written consent to the referral. If you would like to partner with Vanguard Europe, please contact email@example.com
Back to top