Vanguard is a business that operates on trust – trust that we focus on the client, trust that assets are safe from fraud, and trust that we employ intelligent, ethical, and informed crew. That’s why we hire best-in-class financial minds to conduct thorough research and recommend the right course of action. Vanguard is seeking a Finance Manager to provide financial services (business planning and budgeting, management reporting, and financial analysis) to Vanguard’s business units.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Provides thought leadership to financial analytic teams in the development of financial methodologies and approaches to measure business/product/client financial contribution and decision making including the use of a variety of financial analysis principles (activity based costing, cost benefit analysis, net present value, etc.)
3. Establishes and maintains close working relationships with internal client’s leadership team and appropriate crew to continually enhance their understanding of financial trends and client needs. Incorporates financial requirements into useful reports and presentations to assist internal client’s management team with making informed decisions.
4. Provides financial leadership to internal clients to ensure business planning and budgeting requirements support changing business objectives and goals. Proactively uncovers and identifies business “hot topics”/subjects, leads analysis, provides recommendations, reports and communicates observations to appropriate crew.
5. Develops financial models and provides thought leadership that assist business units in both tactical and strategic decision making.
6. Manages responses to requests for information related to internal business statistics and trends. Engages appropriate resources to support the request, determines appropriate sources of information, collects, compiles, interprets, analyzes and summarizes results, incorporating and considering the overall business strategy. Communicates/presents information to management team.
7. Works to identify opportunities to improve the delivery of financial services to internal clients and implements procedural changes, as needed.
8. Maintains and enhances methodologies for forecasting and monitoring key business drivers and provides input and support into the creation of new metrics.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree or professional designation preferred.
- Five to eight years of related experience (account analysis and reconciliation, internal controls, capital budgeting, financial modeling), including three to five years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with attention to details; good probing skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal client relationships.
- Knowledge of Vanguard’s financial policies preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top