The Finance division is home to Vanguard's experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and the Finance Transformation Program. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key – as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard's assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. Vanguard is currently seeking Finance Directors to provide financial support to Vanguard's most complex business areas.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides regular and ongoing feedback
- Partner with the Managing Directors and his or her team to provide input to strategies to enhance performance drivers and effectively assess the strategic and financial rigor of business proposals and decisions
- Guide team through oversight of financial planning & analysis (FP&A)activities, including decision support, measuring & monitoring performance, pricing of products & services, and planning & forecasting
- Initiate and lead Finance-related problem solving sessions with counterparts in FP&A or within the division or business unit segment, developing recommendations and tracking progress against agreed upon goals. Oversee long-term and fiscal planning/reforecasting processes. Utilize scenario modeling methodologies to explain the impact of strategies or changes in the business environment on Business assets, revenues and expenses
- Develop business case analyses for investment initiatives. Provide competitive insights on the market and position of competitors and their products. Help guide investment decisions to stay ahead of market trends. Requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of how division/business unit integrates and interacts with other divisions/business units across the enterprise
- Encourage added financial acumen among business counterparts more broadly. Build knowledge of the division or business unit to propose and develop analyses that increase the financial understanding of the Business, business segment, client, product and/or relevant activity. Provide financial coaching and advice among Vanguard's senior leaders
- Influence decision making across divisions, tailoring communications and approach to the supported client. Seek ideas and perspectives from across divisions or business units and cultivate strong relationships based on accountability, collaboration and impact.
- Ensure timely and accurate dissemination of financial information to allow efficient use of financial resources of a division, business unit, project, service etc. Lead analyst teams in the development of budgets, models, and analyses. Translate financial analysis into actionable recommendations for the division or business unit segment
- Provide oversight of Accounting and Tax support to ensure tax, accounting and applicable regulatory and reporting functions are managed with excellence within the division/business segment. Interface with other Finance functions as necessary to ensure high levels of services
- Manage special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Master's degree in Business or Finance or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of eight years of progressively broader Business and/or Finance leadership roles, ideally in complex, large, global financial institutions (ideally with some investment company experience)
- Multi-year experience in at least one part of Finance and/or managing a profit and loss statement; general understanding of all financial concepts
- Proven track record of success serving and navigating relationships with internal and/or external clients, including influencing and negotiating with others
- Experience demonstrating solid business acumen and judgment; Profit & Loss management experience is a must
- Current and deep knowledge of industry trends and regulations
- Proven track record of developing strategies based on sound business judgment, supporting their execution and analyzing / tracking their progress
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments; familiarity with data and systems utilized
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top