- Malvern, PA
Advance the investment industry
This candidate will work on upgrading FileNet P8 to v5.5.4 and other various initiatives related with Enterprise Document Management efforts. Experience in using "Elevation Manager / Enviroworks" to deploy in multi cell environments required. The team will work in collaborative environment to support the multi-year initiatives and maintain the products interfaces implemented at Vanguard through full cycle development.
- Translates senior-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
- Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
- Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
- Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
- Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of greater complexity. Provides technical guidance and mentoring to less senior crew.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years experience in application design, architecture and development. Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Expert systems experience with a product or technical area (e.g. Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
*** Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top