FAS Systems - UX Designer
Senior UX Designer - FAS Systems
Make investing intuitive through the user experience To provide senior level design services to create user experience strategies and visualize, design, and prototype practical, useful and innovative digital experiences for business problems/opportunities. To partner with the development team throughout execution.
In this role you will
- Strong ability to identify, define and solve complex design problems. Creates detailed designs, keeping global and local brand standards in mind.
- Participates with Client Insights for user research, competitive analysis efforts to identify user goals and tasks. Analyzes competitors' web and mobile user experiences. Collaborates to plan usability testing and disposition findings.
- Leads design team towards successful completion of project activities including the design solution throughout execution. Trains and mentors junior staff. Resolves complex design issues elevated from staff with less experience. Persuades and educates partners.
- Works with Information Architects to create page level information architecture. Performs information architecture tasks and creates interactive prototypes when needed. Uses qualitative and quantitative data to define scalable and forward thinking systems.
- Creates documentation including but not limited to design strategy, visual specifications, style guides and pattern libraries.
- Ensures cohesive user experience across multiple projects and devices.
- Tests UI design as it's developed to ensure pages project desired look and feel. Recommends improvements in web functionality, navigation, and UI design elements.
- Works in partnership with cross-divisional teams and business leaders. Collaborates effectively with IT team and project leads to ensure the integrity of architecture/design solutions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Don't just innovate, lead FAS provides services and investment products, such as exchange-traded funds (ETFs), to Vanguard's financial advisor clients, including broker-dealers, asset managers, bank trust departments, registered investment advisers, and insurance companies.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in the field of Design or Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years general business experience, interactive web and mobile design experience required; -financial services industry experience preferred.
- Maintains and exercises strong knowledge/expertise in the factors that help inform and communicate the architecture/design.
- Maintains strong knowledge of web and mobile information architecture and design best practices.
- Strong knowledge and skill in user centered design principles, visual design, user behavior & interactions and an advanced understanding of the latest technology and devices.
- Strong knowledge and skill in both web-based technologies and native technologies.
- Strong communication skills to share design rationale and persuasive storytelling to gain buy in from relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of IT project methodology and ability to persuade IT team to develop usable solutions partnering with project leads.
- Strong knowledge of market research & test methods.
- Awareness/evolution of brand knowledge/standards. Maintains strong business knowledge including competitors.
- Leverages the professional network to foster collaboration within the department.
- Strong design portfolio.
Special Factors Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top