FAS Event Marketing Manager
The Financial Advisor Services (FAS) story is one of growth, innovation, and endurance. We've gained a loyal following by serving clients (RIA, Bank, and Institutions) with a consultative approach that employs simple, reliable tools and resources to ensure consistent, long-term performance. We care about making advisors and the investors they serve truly successful. To continue servicing the intermediary audience and expand on our success story, we are seeking strategic, creative thinkers and influential experts eager to help us continue to revolutionize the industry.
Financial Advisor Services (FAS) Marketing is searching for two (2) Event Marketing Managers:
Event Marketing Manager, FAS Hosted Events
will lead Vanguard Financial Advisor Services' hosted events approach for in-person regional symposiums and forums, campus visits, and other events. This individual will determine target audiences, key topics, appropriate speakers, measurement KPIs, and promotional plans.
Event Marketing Manager, FAS Industry Events
will lead Vanguard Financial Advisor Services' events approach for industry events sponsorship. This individual will build a partnership with the event sponsor, partnering with agile marketing pods on event content topics, and drive promotional plans.
These are critical roles that will be responsible for creating a holistic vision and delivering engaging, meaningful event experiences that align to key business goals, deepen relationships with advisors, promote our brand, and advance Vanguard's thought leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure events are properly aligned to and in support of FAS business goals.
- Partner with agile Marketing pods, FAS Sales, Conference and Event Planning (CEP) and subject matter experts on the event experience, including engagement strategy, session development, sales support, and other event preparation
- Stay current on event trends and make recommendations to evolve the event strategy
- Oversee event execution
- Manage post-event activities including debrief sessions with partners, executing the measurement plan, and reporting results
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge and awareness of the investment and financial services industry and regulatory/policy changes
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission by possessing a deep understanding of advisors and their business, the intermediary financial services market, and competitor strategies.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience. Experience in financial services, event planning, and event marketing required.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and always changing environment.
- Displays exceptional relationship management and communication skills working with both internal and external partners.
- Excels at attention to detail and managing multiple projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Limited travel may be required in support of conferences and events.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top