Executive Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Advance our mission by connecting top talent to careers with Vanguard.
With a keen eye for executive talent, you are skilled in using creative search approaches to uncover hard-to-reach talent. You will focus on proactively building talent pipelines while helping drive outcomes for reduced time to fill and cost of hire. As a talent scout, you'll champion Vanguard's brand and employer value proposition to generate interest and build relationships with top prospects. You'll make sure Vanguard has the best talent to carry us forward. A trusted guide with business partners and executive candidates alike, you'll advocate for both. In this high-profile role, you'll use your essential research, communication and influence skills to build your own profile alongside ours.
In this role, you will
- Partner across HR and the enterprise, with Senior Executive Recruiters, HR Business Partners, Talent Management and executive hiring leaders to develop deep knowledge of Vanguard's current and future talent needs.
- Conduct research and map competitive talent landscape. Understand and document competitive organizational structures, reporting lines and hierarchies.
- Source and develop diverse talent pipelines, facilitate recruitment processes for external successors critical open and future roles as well as domains.
- Utilize various sources including LinkedIn Recruiter, conference attendee lists, internal and external referrals, Google searches and others to identify target skills and experiences.
- Engage Vanguard's executive crew, attend Crew Resource Group (CRG) and industry events to network, build relationship and identify referrals and diverse talent pools.
- Engage, screen and conduct initial assessment of passive candidates. Sell Vanguard's employer brand and identify candidate interests and motivations.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of four years business experience and two years recruitment experience
- Experience in the deployment and implementation of recruiting and talent sourcing strategies
- Experience working closely with senior leadership
- Experience working collaboratively with teams across locations
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes
- Knowledge of recruiting sources and channels
- Strong executive presence
- Business acumen
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top