Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Execution Consultant to serve as a Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) resource and front-line relationship manager to the Equity Trading Desk. The Execution Consultant is responsible for research to measure and reduce transaction costs for the desk, staying knowledgeable about market structure, and prioritizing the desk's TCA requests. This person will be embedded in the trading desk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicits, captures, designs, implements, and presents results of TCA analyses and projects in partnership with the trading desks.
- Works with TCA analysts to generate actionable recommendations for trading desks based on rigorous research and quantitative analysis.
- Uses communication and interpersonal skills to integrate with trading desk. Tailors communication of complex concepts to the needs and abilities of the audience.
- Engages with internal and external partners to represent the TCA team's needs and perspectives on analyses that help to measure and manage transaction costs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of market structure, microstructure, and TCA in order to bring an informed perspective to the research process.
- Provides thought leadership and takes a leadership role in shaping the research agenda and infrastructure.
- Works with engineers to guide the TCA team's infrastructure and data needs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or technological discipline; Masters Degree or PhD highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Transaction Cost Analysis or Equity Trading Strategy.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to set medium- and long-term vision and prioritize impactful research.
- Proven ability to mentor/manage others highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of motivation.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top