ESG Senior Marketing Manager, Investment Product Marketing
- Malvern, PA
As a client-focused company, we take pride in having helped millions of investors cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. To further our mission, Vanguard's Investment Marketing team is looking for a talented, results-oriented Senior Marketing Manager to support our market-leading ETF and mutual fund franchise, with a
specialized focus on ESG investing and ETFs.
This role supports a critical priority for our firm, and requires someone comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, able to balance the need for broad conceptualization and experimentation with a keen focus on delivering growth at scale.
In this role, you will:
- Augment the health of Vanguard's market leading ETF franchise by creating and owning marketing plans. Parlay feedback from key stakeholders and Enterprise business objectives into defined, targeted marketing objectives, strategies and tactics and develops clear requirements to ensure that project teams execute appropriately. Identify and analyze varied sources of data and information to inform planning decisions.
- Partner with dedicated team resources to deliver large and complex marketing initiatives that are aligned to major corporate initiatives
- Maintain accountability for how ETF specific marketing collateral is produced and distributed throughout the organization. Is primarily responsible for process, execution, teamwork, and overall process health
- Partner with relevant stakeholders across Vanguard (e.g., sales and client services, marketing and communications teams, etc.) to inform future organization design and workflow between centralized and divisional marketing teams.
- Present marketing results as necessary. Understand parameters of a successful campaign, relevant analytics, and ensure desired results are measurable and tell a compelling story.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, and industry developments specific to the business area. Conduct research to understand client needs. Consult internally to convey findings and make recommendations to senior leadership.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. As a senior marketing manager, you will drive strategy through a deep understanding of content marketing principles in addition to user experience and digital platforms. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the invetsment marketing space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it takes:
- Relevant ESG and investment marketing experience is highly preferred alongside breadth and depth of marketing experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of general experience and five years of industry experience.
- Breadth and depth of marketing experience and/or investment product experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Successful track for organizing, leading, and motivating cross-functional teams toward a common goal.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across diverse teams.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functions.
- Ability to present effectively to senior leadership.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
Vanguard will not offer Visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top