- Malvern, PA
Help build technology for our future
As a global leader, we need to harness the technology of the future. And that's what you'll give us. As an Enterprise Architect, you'll execute the vision, future direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic technology programs. Your expertise will influence the architectural direction that makes investing accessible to millions - across multiple platforms. Working on critical business applications will be a challenge. But it's one you'll rise to. Make your real passion for building useful technology count.
This position is multifaceted, having exposure to many different areas in IT. It requires the ability to analyse varying technologies and technical architecture patterns, and to balance appropriate tactical decisions with defining, advocating, and advancing the long term strategic direction. This position also includes partnering with Solutions Architects, Cloud Teams and GTO, working with and influencing various cross-divisional areas across the Enterprise. The selected candidate will also be responsible for providing oversight to individual Product Teams on Micro services and Cloud Data Architecture, and for developing personal knowledge and expertise Architecture in AWS.
This is an excellent opportunity to use advanced communication and superior conceptual thinking and relationship management skills to influence the strategic direction of the Retail Business lines.
In this role you will:
- Provide architectural thought leadership and expertise.
- Define reference and implementation architectures.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitor implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensure implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
- Communicate complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Establish relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Utilize a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- A recognized Thought Leader with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create clarity and certainty when there is Architecture ambiguity; communicate to all stakeholders at varying levels within the Organization.
- Ability to weave "Lean", DevOPs concepts into the fabric of our culture.
- Partner with, influence Senior IT Leaders on the strategic direction of NGA, Cloud, and Data Center Transformation Programs.
- Research Emerging Technologies, and if applicable, lead the buildout of POC's that demonstrate the potential relevance in Retail Systems.
- Facilitates and advices on Enterprise level delivery and design of reusable artifacts and API interface specifications (XSD/WSDL/WADL/Swagger/OpenAPI/YAML) and API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
- Ability to learn and apply the knowledge of Amazon Services: Amazon API Gateway, EC2, ECS, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Lambda, AWS RDS (DynamoDB, Postgres, Aurora), CloudFront, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- A deep intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially API and microservice design, application security, and Front-End / UI development
What it takes:
Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience
Experience with API ,Microservices, DB2 & Dynamo Db
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top