Help build technology for our future
As a global leader, we need to harness the technology of the future. And that's what you'll give us. As an Enterprise Architect, you'll help shape the vision of our strategic business and technology programs. Your expertise will influence the architectural direction that makes investing accessible to millions - across multiple platforms. Working on critical business applications will be a challenge. But it's one you'll rise to. Make your real passion for building useful technology count.
In this role, you will
- Provide architectural leadership in shaping strategic technology programs which focus on both Business of IT and Line of Business specific strategic technology programs.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and expertise.
- Define reference and implementation architectures.
- Produce technology roadmaps in support of IT's vision and strategy.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitor implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Coach and mentor more junior enterprise architects.
- Establish relationships with IT leaders, architects and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
Design the changes that change how people invest
Agility, experimentation, curiosity about new ideas - they're what takes our technology further. So when you join us as an Enterprise Architect, you can expect a receptive culture as well as the technical resources to help investors achieve their financial goals. It's the perfect environment in which to build on your technical expertise and problem-solving skills. Especially as you'll be surrounded by colleagues who will push you to think differently, inspire you to make an impact and applaud you for the results you achieve.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years relevant work experience.
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Experience with Java and Python development
- Knowledge of AWS technologies (Kinesis, S3, RDS, Arora, DynamoDB) required
- Strong database and cloud expertise, along with experience with data replication technology required
- Strong knowledge of micro-services and DBaaS required
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Tamara T.Senior Leader, Talent Acquisition
Tamara and her team act as an embedded marketing team within the talent acquisition department, creating campaigns that reach the right candidates for Vanguard.
Back to top