The qualified candidate for this position would be responsible for supporting a custom Windows endpoint infrastructure facilitating the delivery, configuration, management and maintenance of the operating system, system software and integrated services
This infrastructure currently consists of a highly customized Windows build process, supporting the delivery of the operating system as well as a dynamic set of productivity, business and administrative software installations. This role includes maintaining those processes, as well as a significant number of custom applications consisting of software package management tools, operating system configuration, browser configuration and hardware inventory. These applications are predominantly implemented using Visual Basic .NET, VBScript or traditional Windows Shell/Batch and require periodic maintenance or enhancements. The qualified candidate should understand software design and maintenance best practices, including but not limited to, object oriented design, code re-usability and modularity, code commentary, defect tracking and version management.
- Visual Basic .NET development (Visual Studio 2008 and 2010)
- VBScript development
- Windows Shell/DOS batch script development
- SQL Server development (T-SQL)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Familiarity with Site Migration services / USMT is a plus.
- Windows operating system architecture – workstation (installation, configuration, management, software installation and execution)
- Windows operating system architecture – server (Active Directory, User/Group objects, Certificates, Sites and Services)
- Windows Management Interface (WMI) query/syntax
- Windows PowerShell development
- HTML / CSS
- Familiarity with software version control system (Subversion is a plus)
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle (Waterfall, Agile)
- Familiarity with technical documentation creation and maintenance
- ASP.NET development experience would be a plus
- Microsoft C# development (Visual Studio 2008 and 2010) experience would be a plus
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top