Endpoint Computing Engineer
The purpose of this role will be to ensure sound delivery of technical services for clients by maintaining and building out Vanguard's endpoint computing infrastructure. You will be part of a team supporting a environment that delivers services to thousands of global users.
You will also be working in a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software and infrastructure environments. You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other IT functions and crew, internal clients, as well as our product vendors . You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large- scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our client's business critical systems.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms, a willingness to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique. He/she should be able to work independently with minimal oversight and\or guidance with an interest in researching new technologies and\or applications independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Ensures reliable operation of production. Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plans and coordinates enterprise-wide infrastructure projects with other IT and client teams. Communicates with teams to keep them apprised of status and issues. Contacts vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identifies opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Trains and mentors staff. Resolves complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in technical specialty, including one to two years' hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: full project delivery life cycle, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps), software and peripheral installation, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP and ACCP), process/product testing and verification, software and/or hardware setup and configuration , computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
- Certification - Holds the appropriate technical specialty certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date: See additional informationfor the specific requirements for this posting.
We are looking for crew with knowledge and experience in all or some of the following technical areas.
- VMWare vSphere\vCenter
- VMWare Horizon View
- Citrix Published Applications
- VMWare Identity Manager
A basic understanding of virtualized environment is required and should include:
- DRS Rules
- TCP & UDP Communication
- SCCM Knowledge a plus
- Advanced Troubleshooting Skills (Desktop & Server)
Remote and off hours support are necessary for product upgrade and enhancements elevations. Additionally, all Endpoint Computing staff are scheduled monthly for a rotating On Call responsibility.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top