Editorial Manager, Institutional Communications
To plan, direct, and manage the development of promotional, educational, informational, and transactional communication materials by incorporating an understanding of the business and industry. Channels may include web, print, e-mail, social media, mobile, and multimedia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and leads staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Serves as a mentor to crew by providing guidance on processes and specific feedback on their work.
- Works in partnership with marketing managers, business representatives, and creative leadership to understand business goals and marketing communications needs. Incorporates knowledge gained from competitive analysis and market research.
- Ensures content created by the editorial team is clear, concise, and compelling; educates the reader and meets specific marketing objectives; follows brand standards; and is accurate and meets compliance/regulatory requirements. Helps develop and execute creative, \"out of the box\" ideas where appropriate.
- Manages the flow of work and assigns resources appropriately and equitably. Ensures that necessary skills are represented on the team.
- Maintains a highly competent team that can manage multiple projects efficiently and deliver high-quality material. Identifies, evaluates, and resolves issues that may impact the completion of projects.
- Serves as a role model for collaboration by developing close, productive working relationships with other Vanguard leaders. Leverages these relationships to develop process improvements, identify training needs, monitor client expectations and satisfaction, and address other issues that affect the department and company.
- Identifies the need for additional resources and assists with forecasting as required, by leveraging data and personal experience. Keeps management and peers updated on project work and staffing trends.
- Maintains and helps tenured crew develop an in-depth knowledge of investment topics, Vanguard funds, Vanguard services, the competitive landscape, and/or online communication media.
- Occasionally acts as a writer, editor, or proofreader for high-profile or rush content, meeting all requirements and following established processes for the role.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience; graduate degree preferred.
- • Seven years of related business experience, including five years of specifically related experience with demonstrated excellence in writing and/or editing, is preferred.
- • Demonstrated expertise with creative processes.
- • Experience in managing multi-channel, multi-segment marketing campaigns a plus.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Strong presentation skills.
- • Strong understanding of best practices in online communications.
- • Extensive knowledge of financial topics and Vanguard products and services.
- • Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- • Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- • Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to creative professionals.
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- • Ability to work beyond standard business hours, when necessary.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Claire O.Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top