Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Editor to edit, write, and build pages for Vanguard websites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edits and proofreads content created for the company intranet, evaluating copy for Vanguard "voice," style, Word swabbing guidelines, accuracy, organization, format, and page flow.
- Easily learns and uses technologies, specifically TeamSite, the department's content-management system.
- Adapts, for online use, Vanguard content created for other media.
- Ensures that website content follows departmental standards for usage, style, and usability, and includes proper regulatory hedge clauses and trademarks.
- Provides writers with feedback on content organization, grammar, style, or related areas.
- Keeps up-to-date on key corporate and departmental initiatives, policies, procedures, and online publishing workflows; reads financial news publications and competitive analyses to maintain awareness of important financial services and online-publishing trends and events. Keeps manager and teammates updated on project work; shares key findings or trends observed from project work.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with Vanguard writers, editors, proofreaders, production coordinators, developers, and managers, and representatives from Vanguard's lines of business.
- Suggests ideas for website, departmental, and workflow improvements.
- Provides editing and proofreading support for print communications for other editorial teams on an occasional basis.
- Completes occasional writing assignments (articles, video scripts, emails, etc.).
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in English, Journalism, or Communications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Aptitude for using online communication tools and for learning new technologies is critical for this role in addition to strong editorial expertise.
- Minimum of three years of professional copyediting experience (including substantive/developmental editing) in a business, online, financial services, advertising, newsroom, or technical setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure of time constraints, and beyond standard business hours when necessary.
- Ability to handle and work through occasional ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Aptitude for using online communication tools and for learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of online communications preferred.
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, web content creation and deployment.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top