Director of Global Connectivity Services
Build IT that develops financial futures
At Vanguard, technology is integral to helping our clients reach their personal goals. We depend on IT 24/7 to run our investors' assets. That puts your expertise in telecommunications at the heart of our business. Your work as a Senior Manager for Global Network Services, will help us change the way the world invests. Make it count.
In this highly visible role, you will
- Manage the Network Engineering teams for Vanguard's global network connecting locations around the world including critical global financial markets and provide leadership in vendor management including regular reviews and meetings with partner and vendor executives.
- Partner with the Infrastructure Services leadership to ensure network performance in our global data centers. As a leader of this team, you will design, configure, and deploy enterprise network infrastructure to support the critical financial and business applications. You will also provide and implement network security best practices using a combination of technologies such as VPNs/encryption, firewalls, secure proxies, IDS/IPS, and secure network design methodology.
- Work closely with IT senior leadership and business partners to ensure alignment with the company's objectives. You will act as leader and leverage strong technical skills to effectively and efficiently manage IT Infrastructure technologies and personnel, as well as utilize strong knowledge of and experience with data center engineering and operations across the network, server, storage and end user technology stacks.
- Design and implement network architectures to provide high availability resilient network services
Improve performance through high-performing networks
You're passionate about the potential to transform the business through networking technology but, more than that, you understand how to use it to deliver real benefits to our clients. You're committed to getting the most from our resources and ensuring they operate at peak performance. The same goes for your own career: you're keen to build on your analytical and problem-solving skills, improve your technical knowhow and develop to your full potential. Together we'll own the way in a fast-growing industry.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing/supporting IT Systems with 5 years management experience desired.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead high performing teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
Specializations that will make an impact
Advanced knowledge and experience with functional and technical aspects of IT support services and related infrastructure solutions, capabilities and technologies with some or all the following:
- Windows and/or Linux-based and zOS operating systems
- Distributed Computing Hardware Technologies
- Network Technologies - SDN, Ethernet Fabrics, Firewalls, Load Balancers, WAN, WiFi, etc.
- Directory Services - Active Directory/LDAP
- Messaging and Collaboration Software
- Virtual Desktops Solutions (VDI)
- Public Cloud Providers
- Middleware and monitoring administration
- Backup and restoration services
- Disaster recovery services
- Issue tracking systems
Plus experience with
- Design and configure Network equipment such as Palo Alto Networks and Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Routers and Switches, Aruba Network Devices, ACI, NSX, SD-WAN, VPNs, application load balancers, secure proxies, and quality of service designs.
- Translate technical requirements into functional designs and engineer solutions for existing and developmental workflows
- Analyze network/infrastructure design and customer requirement performance standards to determine project specifications
- Conduct regular capacity planning and performance assessments on the networks and make recommendations.
- Provide oversight of all the tier 3 engineering support for all production Internet and Intranet networks
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Locations include Arizona & Pennsylvania
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top