Director Level Organizational Consulting Services Engagement Lead
Vanguard’s Organizational Consulting Services (OCS) group is a team of consultants helping senior executives (Managing Directors and their direct reports) consider and respond to the most pressing issues impacting Vanguard’s growth and success. In response to both market and internal challenges, OCS helps drive change initiatives to enact the corporate vision, improve business activities, drive efficiency, and establish new business segments.
The Engagement Lead engages with Vanguard executives to help them consider how to address these issues. These interactions generally result in a variety of OCS-led initiatives including business or department redesign, enterprise-wide transformation, and major project support. The Engagement Lead will lead or serve as a key member of the teams that deliver these projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage divisional and regional business consulting engagements to support large scale change efforts in the areas of organization effectiveness, including organization diagnostics and transformation, organization design, and change management.
2. Partner with HRBPs to identify opportunities to conduct organization diagnosis, improve organizational effectiveness, and/or provide guidance on large scale projects and programs for Vanguard’s divisions and regions that directly impact the effectiveness of the organization.
3. Ensure organization effectiveness strategies are consistent across Vanguard while addressing specific and unique HRBP and divisional needs.
4. Review organizational effectiveness findings and implications for business and crew with HRBPs and divisional leadership.
5. Support HRBPs and the business on change management challenges. Work with the business to develop an understanding of the critical processes for change, build commitment to those processes, and ensure that change occurs as intended. Assist in the development of a change management strategy.
6. Provide consultation as required to appropriate parties related to organization design principles in coordination with HRBPs.
7. Assist divisional executives to improve operations and performance through the optimization of roles and responsibilities.
8. Identify and communicate potential areas of involvement for the Talent Management CoE (e.g., recruiting, learning, leadership development, performance management and succession planning), and other HR partners.
9. Remain current on organizational development and change management tools, techniques, strategies and practices in order to provide effective and efficient consultative advice to business clients.
10. Oversee Organization Effectiveness Consultants, as required, on large engagements that require teams to deliver impact and value for the business client.
11. Participates and/or leads special talent focused projects and performs other activities as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience in one or more of the following specialties: organizational design, change management, consulting, or large-scale project transformation.
- Experience in client service and consultation.
- Experience in scoping and shaping project engagements.
- Experience with organizational effectiveness engagements including diagnostics and transformation, design, and change management.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution.
- Experience managing and working with teams across locations.
- Experience working in a global organization preferred.
- Understanding of HR policies and processes.
- Excellent consultative, relationship management and facilitation skills.
- Superb problem solving skills; logical and analytical thinker.
- Strong executive presence .
- Experience working closely with senior leadership.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences.
- People leadership skills including mentoring, training and day-to-day management of direct reports.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top