Director, Global Fund Reporting
Fund Financial Services is a critical subdivision within Vanguard's broader Finance Division, which includes, Corporate Controllers Group, Global Tax, Financial Planning & Analysis, Internal Audit and Finance Transformation. Fund Financial Services is home to Vanguard's experts in the fields of Global Investment Operations, Global Fund Accounting, Bank Strategy Relations, Global Fund Reporting, Fund Compliance, Fund Tax and other various shared services. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all funds at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key - as stewards of fund assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to shareholders. Vanguard's Fund Financial Services division is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices.
The Fund Financial Services team is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Fund Reporting to provide management and oversight of teams responsible for the preparation and issuance of fund financial statements and information for regulatory filings for investment products domiciled in the Americas and Europe. This individual will ensure that the teams produce accurate and timely financial statements, information for regulatory filings and related financial analyses to senior management, external regulatory agencies, tax & legal departments, external auditors and governing boards. This persona will also lead teams in preparation for and through significant changes in operational model.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and provides regular and ongoing feedback.
- Sets strategy and goals for team.
- Leads the Global Fund Reporting Function in the production of fund financial statements, information for regulatory filings and related financial analyses. Conducts reviews with senior management including certification to entity CEO, CFO and key stakeholders. Prepares materials for and presents at meetings for Funds' Audit Committee and Board.
- Establishes relationships through collaboration with internal domestic and international stakeholders (e.g., tax, legal, investment management, product development, policy teams), to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Establishes relationships with auditors and external peers in the industry.
- Oversees development and implementation of procedural changes to improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness and/or to meet new reporting requirements. Oversees updates and maintenance of departmental procedures for financial reporting.
- Manages responses to requests for information from internal business stakeholders and external parties (clients, regulators). Engages appropriate resources to support requests, determines appropriate sources of information, collects, compiles, interprets, analyzes and summarizes results, incorporating and considering the overall business strategy. Communicates/presents information to management.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance). CPA, and MS/MBA highly preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in financial reporting and/or analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of 1940 Act, Regulation S-X, US GAAP, IFRS and internal controls.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top