Direct Marketing Leader-FAS
To lead and advance the FAS Direct Marketing function in support of all business growth, loyalty and brand-building objectives. To drive all program level enhancements in technology, data, testing and experimentation that improve Advisor engagement with Vanguard product and service offerings. The role requires an individual capable of leading the development and execution of the overall direct marketing for FAS Marketing. The candidate is expected to bring a record of direct marketing experience and accomplishment of the roll.With over $1 Trillion is assets, Financial Advisor Services (FAS) has become Vanguard’s largest and fastest growing business. FAS distributes Vanguard’s industry-leading ETF’s and Mutual Funds through intermediary firms including wire houses, regional and independent broker-dealers, RIAs, banks and institutional asset managers.FAS direct marketing serves a key role in further establishing Vanguard as the preferred provider of financial solutions to firms and advisors, in addition to deepening relationships with existing partners. Viewed as a key touch point in the customer journey, direct marketing shares accountability for establishing, growing and maintaining rich relationships with our clients.
- Sets the overall direction for direct marketing campaigns to drive outcomes, and establishes distinct objectives to measure progress (with insights). Effectively communicates DM strategies and plans to all impacted parties and ensures that process/procedural changes are documented.
- Establishes the direction and investments made in Direct Marketing, and is expected to presents business cases for such investment to senior FAS Advisor Services Business and Marketing leadership. Serves as a strategic partner to Channel, Digital and Product Marketing leadership as new direct marketing programs are conceptualized, designed, executed and measured.
- Partners with senior enterprise direct marketing, data & analytics, and technology leaders in the exploration, selection and installation of new DM enhancements. Functions as FAS Product Owner for all Email technologies including Exact Target, Campaign Management and Segmentation systems. Represents FAS Advisor Services Marketing in all campaign related technology initiatives and drives FAS business specific changes to campaign technology.
- Manages staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Set standards for the use of direct marketing channel to ensure optimal distribution of content. Provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance and provides feedback in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular contact with marketing leaders across FAS Advisor Services segments to ensure that strategy plans are consistent with business/division objectives. Develops effective working relationships with staff, peers, management, team members, and business partners.
- Presents marketing program measurement and results to senior management. Understands parameters of a successful campaign, relevant analytics, and ensures desired results are measurable and conclusive. Communicates progress, issues, and solutions to senior management to obtain input and buy-in. Provides written and verbal communication to many different audiences on status of marketing efforts.
- Oversees the development of an annual Learning Agenda and continual program progression through optimization and experimentation. Ensures learnings are continually shared with the larger Marketing community. Stays abreast of Vanguard’s business and competitive environment.
- Sets standards for the use of direct marketing channel to ensure optimal distribution of content.
- Oversees campaign operations, campaign calendar production and insures campaigns are delivered accurately and on time.
- Leads the people, process and technology aspects of new targeting and/or personalization enhancements.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Master’s degree/ MBA preferred
- Specialized knowledge/experience/certifications in direct marketing preferred.
- Minimum of ten years general experience, including eight years managerial experience preferred.
- Significant analytical acumen and conceptual thinking skills.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (assertive, consensus building).
- Proven ability to direct, align, manage, persuade and influence Principals and other senior leaders to achieve a coordinated process with optimal outcomes.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in delivering cross-departmental projects, strong project management and project leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top