- Malvern, PA
In this role, you will:
Work collaboratively with software engineers and other DevOps engineers to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides entry level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support.
- Learns and follows software development methodology. Learns and follows architecture standards.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., Systems Testers, test plans). On small teams, the Developer may write these items.
- Learns client business functions and technology needs. Learns Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Learns and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Learns and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it Takes:
- Adept at communicating with clients and issue resolution
- Strong troubleshooting / SRE skills
- Experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet/Chef or equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS)
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, RDS) and SQL
- Ability to write scripts (Python, Perl, PHP and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 0 - 2 years general business experience, including 0 - 1 year developer or systems analyst experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. - Fri., normal business hours.
- On call and remote support off hours.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top