Developer Advocate - Philadelphia Innovation Center
This role will be part of developing and influencing new products that power Vanguard by transforming the way teams deliver value to our customers through the means of teaching, mentoring, and coaching. You'll help elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of the teams by educating them on Agile, Lean, AppDev and DevOps principles and practices across a variety of applications, platforms and environments. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an innovative environment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can empathize with individuals and teams and raise their development and problem solving skills. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with a variety of teams across the entire IT organization.
As an engineer, you are a software developer with a passion for teaching. You will contribute to great products and team learning - ready to do whatever it takes to help teams while also building and packaging cutting edge technologies for enterprise wide consumption. You have good problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you and those around you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment, and clear communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make it easy for developers to use Vanguard's technology platforms
- Help developers hone their technical skills
- Coach teams on Agile, Lean and DevOps principles and practices
- Guide teams on the appropriate frameworks to utilize
- Promote Agile Software Development practices including SCRUM, Extreme Programming (XP), Paired Programming or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Innovate constantly and maintain your technical edge
- Participates in the definition and communication of the short-term and long-term strategic direction of third party products and custom software.
- Conducts architecture reviews to assess impact of proposed systems on infrastructure.
- Partners with other IT subdivisions and architecture teams; is involved in developing the strategic enterprise architectural direction.
- Participates in the creation, maintenance, and enhancements to architecture plans, keeping them aligned to both business IT strategic objects.
- Advises and assists IT project teams in creating architecture documentation, including technical reviews and related infrastructure documents, architecture planning estimates, performance test plans, and IT architecture deliverables. Contributes to and is compliant with best practices, such as remaining consistent with the deliverable responsibilities outlined in our Software Development Methodology. Evaluates architecture-related documents developed by peers and project technical leadership.
- Actively participates with technical leads and project teams during analysis, design, and implementation activities. Ensures project team is complying with the long-term architectural direction.
- Assesses and mitigates the risks introduced by the architectural agenda; includes impacts to the development processes and toolset, hardware, software, client experience, and day-to-day activities.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor products and participates in building out proof of concepts that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to the business how technology can be leveraged.
- Conceptualizes, analyzes, and designs prototypes/systems that are consistent, compatible, reusable, scalable, available, reliable, maintainable, have optimal manageability and security, and perform well logically and physically.
- Understands and assists project teams in complying with Governance policies and procedures including data, security, audit, and IT.
- Is part of security assessment planning, execution, risk management, and mitigation for both custom development and third party software. Communicates and reports security information across the subdivision.
- Presents architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience. Degree in computer science or computer engineering, preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in developing object-oriented or service-oriented software. Broad IT experience preferred.
- Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and influencing/negotiation skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
This position will be located in the new Innovation Center located in the in Center City , Phila.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top