To provide design strategy, expert-level design and to ensure a consistent visual experience across all channels. To provide primary design consultation, research, and analysis for assigned client-base and advocate strategic design solutions and capabilities to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
***Please include a work portfolio of your design samples within your application as an attachment or link.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary design consultant and central point-of-contact for creative team, stakeholders, and decision-makers. Leads design team in collaborative development of multichannel communications.
- Leverages technical expertise to research and develop ideas and strategies from all media channels (e.g., print, digital, multimedia, etc.) to envision systemic design solutions that benefit the overall client-experience. Is accountable for overall implementation of visual experience for assigned book of business.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of all Vanguard programs, businesses, and offerings. Cultivates advanced understanding of design at Vanguard and the industry, including both new- and existing-media delivery channels.
- Actively contributes to brand management design initiatives. Influences and supports the development of new design standards and helps maintain existing standards across the department.
- Proposes and promotes graphic-consistency, -standards, and -accuracy for both custom and Vanguard branded communications.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage a large number of highly complex projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
- Works with design manager, peers, and other teams to ensure department productivity by providing functional support when needed.
- Demonstrates commitment to process excellence and individual performance and development.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS, BFA and/or Masters) in Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in a design, advertising, or communications environment with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to persuade and influence across teams and at all management levels.
- Experience translating complex client/business problems into effective systemic design solutions.
- Experience conducting design-research, -analysis, and promoting strategic design efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of the following graphic design practices and concepts:
- User centered design
- Web design
- Rich media design (e.g., motion, mobile, interactive)
- Graphic style guides
- Advanced knowledge of IT platforms:
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Advanced knowledge of design and graphics production software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Strong portfolio required.
- Ability to perform limited travel.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top