Advance our mission and your career
Come join a diverse and collaborative team to craft some of the most meaningful interactions at Vanguard. The Design Strategist will be responsible for design strategy, expert-level design and to ensure a consistent visual experience across all channels. You will provide primary design consultation, research, and analysis for assigned client-base and advocate strategic design solutions and capabilities to key partners and decision-makers.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as primary design consultant and central point-of-contact for creative team, partners, and decision-makers. Lead design team in collaborative development of multichannel communications.
- Demonstrate technical expertise to research and develop ideas and strategies from all media channels (e.g., print, digital, multimedia, etc.) to envision systemic design solutions that benefit the overall client-experience. Is accountable for overall implementation of visual experience for assigned book of business.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all Vanguard programs, businesses, and offerings. Cultivate advanced understanding of design at Vanguard and the industry, including both new- and existing-media delivery channels.
- Actively contribute to brand management design initiatives. Influences and supports the development of new design standards and helps maintain existing standards across the department.
- Propose and promote graphic-consistency, -standards, and -accuracy for both custom and Vanguard branded communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a large number of highly complex projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
- Work with design manager, peers, and other teams to ensure department productivity by providing functional support when needed.
- Demonstrate dedication to process perfection and individual performance and development.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
A design experience that delivers
The Financial Advisor Services (FAS) story is one of growth, innovation, and endurance. We may adapt when the market changes, but we never waver in our core belief that lower costs result in greater value for our clients. We've gained a dedicated following by serving clients (advisory firms, Target Broker Dealer, RIA, Bank, and Institutions) with a consultative approach that employs simple, reliable tools and resources to ensure consistent, long-term performance. To continue our success story, we are seeking strategic, creative thinkers and influential experts eager to help us continue to revolutionize the industry.
What it takes:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS, BFA and/or Masters) in Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in a design, advertising, or communications environment with dynamically growing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to persuade and influence across teams and at all management levels.
- Experience translating complex client/business problems into effective systemic design solutions.
- Experience conducting design-research, analysis, and promoting strategic design efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design practices and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of IT platforms: Macintosh, Microsoft Windows NT, Web
- Advanced knowledge of design and graphics production software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team oriented with strong social skills and a professional demeanor.
- Strong portfolio required.
- Ability to perform limited travel.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with transparency, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard's continued dedication to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top