Vanguard is seeking a Designer Manager with the leadership and human centered design background to help Vanguard continue on our quest to change the way the world invests. The Design Manager focuses on Institutional clients, providing strategic direction and lead designers to drive awareness and consideration for our investment products and services.
The ideal candidate will have Human Centered Design background and great People Leadership skills. They will be a resourceful, experienced leader with a fresh perspective who also shares Vanguard's view on our products, the markets, and the economy. S/he will build relationships with key divisional business segments, as well lead the development of institutional marketing strategies and plans to deliver on business objectives, and to ensure that final deliverables meet Vanguard's highest standards of quality.
As a Design Manager, you'll benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you'll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn't just a tagline, it's our passion.
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures.
- Organizes and facilitates critiques, brainstorm and brown-bag sessions. Guides staff to practice creative problem solving, resiliency and flexibility throughout the creative process.
- Manages operational efficiency. Defines unit goals and examines ways to raise standards, increase quality, and improve overall performance. Identifies opportunities to develop, revise, or dispose of obsolete process/practices; responds to Voice of the Client (VOC) /Voice of the Crew (VOCr) feedback in a timely manner.
- Establishes quality/audit and process adherence measurements. Analyzes data, monitors and researches root cause for assigned measures. Provides monthly and quarterly status reports to management on current projects.
- Promotes cohesive, consistent communications materials. Champions, maintains, and interprets Vanguard brand standards. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the audience and message in order to direct materials to meet client goals and guiding principles.
- Develops effective working relationships with team members and business partners. Effectively communicates strategies and plans to all impacted parties and ensures that operational changes are clearly communicated.
- Partners with other design managers across Vanguard to establish and maintain consistency in Design practices.
- Participates in business, budget, and succession planning.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate or Master's degree in graphics design or multimedia design preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience in a design studio, advertising agency, or marketing/communications environment.
- Proven team/people leadership ability; management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge of web-based multimedia channels, tools, and applications.
- Familiarity with user interface design and user-centered design methodologies.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top