Oracle DBA with AWS cloud Skills
To provide intermediate level database administrator (DBA) services for Production, test, and development databases across multiple platforms. To provide intermediate level physical database design, creation, and maintenance services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5-7 years Oracle DBA experience with Oracle running on Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) or Solaris
- Oracle 11gR2 or 12C RAC clustering, CRS/ASM, RMAN, DataGuard
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) on 10G/11G/12C is a plus
- Working knowledge of OEM 11G/12C. Knowing the TOAD DBA tool is a plus.
- Korn Shell scripting, Oracle Enterprise Pack, Golden Gate
- Knowledge and experience of AWS RDS offerings (eg. Oracle, Postgres)
- Working knowledge of database best practices (eg. schema management, index optimization, DB-level tuning, Security)
- Knowledge and experience with AWS services related to RDS (EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, IAM)
- Monitoring user access to the database and performance tuning.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years DBA, data modeling, business systems analyst, or development experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Intermediate knowledge of the following DBA practices and concepts: database replication; database monitoring, optimizing, and maintenance; and database logs and bug lists.
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more IT platforms: Microsoft Windows NT; UNIX
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products: Oracle; Microsoft SQL Server; UNIX Shell Scripting; SQL/PL SQL; Lotus Notes; Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling concepts.
Operations are 24 x 7. May be required to be oncall, work beyond normal business hours, including night shift, as needed.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top