Data Scientist (IMG)
To contribute to and implement data reporting and analytics technologies while engaging with key stakeholders to continuously deliver optimal solutions and to anticipate future needs. To provide leadership and subject matter expertise for all data reporting and analytics technology projects inclusive of the strategy and planning phase of these projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with leadership and Crew (within business and across the Enterprise) - as well as technology solution providers - to consistently evolve the vision and technology strategy for all of the data reporting and analytics technology solutions across the business.
2. Collaborates with other leaders within Data and Analytics including, but not limited to, Technologies Owner and Data Governance and Quality Manager to ensure close alignment between the data reporting and analytics technology strategy and the relevant parts of the vision for CRM and data governance that will be enabled by technology solutions
3. Drives the strategy development and planning phases of all data reporting and analytics technology projects, and provides leadership and subject-matter-expertise throughout the successful execution of these projects.
4. Supports the execution of business change management and communication plans, or ensure integration of these activities with other major programs as appropriate. Ensures highly effective communications and business readiness regarding project status and issues occur regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums (sponsor, division meetings, TRGs, etc.).
5. Establishes metrics (i.e. business dashboards) to evaluate project teams' effectiveness and progress as well as to measure project success and adoption.
6. Maintain close relationships with 3rd party technology providers, and lead negotiations as needed
7. Assists with business planning, budgetary planning, and the development of strategic business initiatives.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general business experience, with experience in business intelligence, reporting, data management and/or similar role preferred.
- Strong interest in and understanding of opportunities within the 'big data' realm
- Strong technical knowledge of data federation, reporting, analytics, and data quality/governance technologies and general knowledge of CRM technologies to meet business needs.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal communication, negotiation skills, and professional demeanor.
- Strong leadership skills, client relationship and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to complex client situations.
- Proven leadership and decision making skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- Good business judgment and ability to quickly prioritize critical initiatives.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management within Vanguard.
- Be a self-starter, open-minded, desire to drive change and improve current standards.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top