Data Science Scrum Master
- Malvern, PA
Provides agile methodology services to cross-functional Data Science Labs that aim to deliver data science and engineering solutions to business problems that bring together machine learning, AI, experimentation and behavioral science capabilities hosted in CAI, demonstrating functional expertise to improve productivity of teams and quality of work processes and outcomes. Project(s) or product(s) often have enterprise-wide implications.
- Leads, builds, and coaches high performing teams in the delivery of products or projects, ensuring team actions are aligned with project and business goals. May instruct or coach other professionals.
- Leads planning, team learning, and adaptation of processes to ensure the quality of team solutions.
- Enables a continuous learning environment, identifying ways to strengthen the team's understanding of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles.
- Builds and applies methodology that supports the integration of changing customer inputs and business conditions into product development.
- Recommends to the product owner and management in the definition and prioritization of outcomes. Identifies trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner.
- Ensures the application of agile frameworks to the development process to increase effectiveness of product development.
- Leads daily scrum meetings, iteration reviews and maintains backlogs.
- Removes roadblocks to product development. Applies learnings to other development projects.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years related work experience. Two years of leading large cross-functional teams on major organizational projects preferred.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Three positions are available.
- Crew in PA, NC and AZ will be considered.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top