Data Governance Leader
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Data Governance Leader to lead, motivate, and develop an organization whose purpose is to serve as the business data steward for Corporate Financial Services (CFS) financial data, to provide overall guidance to the CFS Data Governance Organization and aligns CFS data governance strategy with CFS business strategy and Corporate Data Governance, to ensure the accuracy and consistency of financial data enabling CFS to be an indispensable business partner and trusted voice, to provide oversight and guidance of Finance security (access) function, and to provide oversight and guidance of Finance contingency planning and maintenance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Leads the development, maintenance, and enforcement of data governance policies, processes, procedures and standards under the guidance of the Corporate Data Governance Council. Stays abreast of data governance best practices and integrates them into the organization.
3. Supports, guides, and advises CFS Leaders with respect to the definition, use and maintenance of data. Serves as central point of contact for data governance inquiries to external users of CFS data. Consults with Data Governance Council to provide direction on CFS data governance goals and resolves issues related to CFS data.
4. Monitors various controls and procedures to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures used in the compilation, manipulation and presentation of data. Disseminates timely and accurate financial information to allow others’ efficient and effective analyses and/or reporting.
5. Maintains CFS Data Governance Organization charter. Facilitates all CFS Data Governance Organization and Council meetings; includes prioritizing agenda items and escalating when applicable. Attends Corporate Data Governance meetings and drives compliance with corporate level policies and strategic direction.
6. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing data governance solutions. Analyzes workflow, compliance and control opportunities impacting decisions and develops cost effective solutions to data governance issues.
7. Develops and maintains data quality and data governance operational metrics and continually monitors metrics to identify potential issues. Prioritizes data governance activities.
8. Collaborates with CFS PMO and project team management to ensure compliance with Data Governance. Ensures that CFS crew are educated on data governance.
9. Champions Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk. Validates trends and establishes ownership for corrective action.
10. Leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience.
- Strong data governance experience and knowledge of best practices.
- Broad understanding/familiarity with Vanguard’s business and the investment industry preferred.
- Knowledge of CFS data, systems and processes preferred..
- Demonstrated ability to translate governance requirements into a clear, understandable framework.
- Experience with risk mitigation.
- Strong management and team building skills.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Back to top