To assist in the execution of the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, business technology projects. To help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, business technology projects. To persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, business technology projects.
This position is for an experienced data architect to support the expansion of Vanguard’s businesses across different countries, legal, compliance and finance departments.
International and Corporate Systems is launching multiple multi-year strategic programs across International, Legal, Finance and HR business areas. These programs are in different stages from infancy to execution.
ICS Architecture team plays a key role as strategic partner for business and IT leaders in shaping the business and technology direction for these programs. As a member of ICS architecture team, you will get the opportunity to establish data strategy and architecture for Operational, Business Intelligence and CRM agendas.
- This role will provide opportunity to lead following activities;
- Hands on partnership with delivery teams for development of International Enterprise Database and Product Data Infrastructure to support global markets
- Conducting POCs for implementation of new technology concepts within Big Data and Next Gen data Architecture space
- Partnering with senior business and IT leaders to shape the agenda for business technology programs and for adaption of new architecture within the scope of business funded programs.
- Global implementation of new CRM solution
Ideal candidate should have experience working with Oracle, SQL Server and Big Data Analytics platforms like Hadoop, etc. The qualified candidate should have excellent leadership and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology projects, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
2. Utilizes a broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
3. Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues strong knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
- Leverages the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
- Attends financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
4. Defines reference and implementation application architectures.
5. Produces technology roadmaps in support of SI’s application portfolio vision and strategy.
6. Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
7. Ensures application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
8. Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
9. Establishes relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years relevant work experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top