Data and Analytics Product Owner
Job requires working with a large data science department to be their product owner for implementing various models through data and analytics projects.
As a product owner, you will be working with cross-functional teams of developers and data scientists in the agile deployment of full-stack solutions.
To lead technology planning, resource allocation, and change management / business readiness functions for business unit technology, and to assist with the strategic implementation of technology projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads the process to develop annual and multi-year strategic technology plans for the business unit. Works closely with senior leaders and IT leaders, and their teams, to align key strategies with appropriate technology programs and projects. Aligns and influences projects to ensure appropriate packaging and execution of capabilities to maximize sponsor, participant and crew impact and efficiency of technology resource utilization.
2. Develops and maintains strong business practices and procedures to effectively prioritize business unit priorities and align department resources. Ensures clear prioritization of activities, recommends business solutions, and executes on priorities. Generates ideas that create better, more efficient ways to serve clients.
3. Assists senior management with prioritization, implementation scheduling, and budgeting for the business unit technology plan. Actively manages upward and downward project pressures and works with business and IT to continuously realign projects, capabilities and costs to ensure cohesive and efficient technology development and implementation. Works closely with business and IT to implement recommendations.
4. Oversees the establishment of a change management and business readiness strategy for business unit technology to ensure a cohesive, programmatic approach that drives crew engagement. Identifies possible points of integration. Ensures highly effective communications regarding program status and issues occur to key stakeholders.
5. Builds and maintains productive working relationships with the project team, stakeholders and key partners (VU, Marketing) at the executive and operational level. Interacts and communicates intra-divisionally and across the enterprise for successful implementation of the business unit technology program.
6. Influences Program Mangers, Product Owners and Project Administrators to ensure successful program and project outcomes, particularly for key integration points and business readiness.
7. Represents interests in corporate or cross-divisional initiatives. Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussions of new products and services.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years business experience, with five years of progressively responsible and related project management/technology experience.
- A broad based knowledge of, and experience with key technology.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills (assertiveness, consensus building, leadership, negotiation).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, provide attention to details and be cognizant of deadlines.
- Commitment to meeting the expectation and requirements of internal clients.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels or management including senior executives.
- Demonstrated working experience with program communications and change management.
- Solid understanding of the divisional organization, coupled with broad organizational working knowledge.
- Ability to work through others and achieve impactful results in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate and summarize various technical details into executive brief/communication.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top