Data Analytics Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice seeks a Data Analytics Manager for their Center for Analytics and Insights. Vanguard is based on a simple but revolutionary idea-that a mutual fund company should be managed in the sole interest of its investors. To ensure that the interests of investors always come first, Vanguard is owned by the Vanguard funds, which in turn are owned by the investors. We’re still the only company structured this way. Today, we state our mission broadly: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.The Center for Analytics and Insights (CAI) at Vanguard is established as an enterprise center of excellence for advanced analytics and market research, to transform how data, analytics and insights are used to support strategic decisions and serve Vanguard’s clients. The CAI’s mission is to apply innovative analytical and research approaches to help Vanguard tackle complex and strategically important problems facing Vanguard’s businesses and clients; to become a hub for deep client insights; and to support, enable the entire organization to continuously develop new capabilities and solutions along the data analytics maturity curve. The CAI hosts a team of highly talented, cross-disciplinary individuals including data scientists, advanced data analysts, data engineers, consultants and market researchers who work closely together in a dynamic environment to partner with leaders across Vanguard’s Retail, Institutional, Intermediary and International businesses to drive innovation and transformation. Data Analytics ManagerTo manage a team of analysts and data experts within the Center for Analytics and Insights (CAI), driving analytic innovation to help the business better serve clients, deepen client relationships, attract new clients and continuously improve Vanguard’s service and marketing performance.
- Leads and manages the advanced analytics analyst team. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Fosters a working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development. Mentors and grows new analytic talent at Vanguard.
- Leads the advanced analytics analyst team in conducting advanced analytics projects to deliver solutions for strategic and pressing business questions, provide insight into client needs and behavior, identify clients with growth opportunity, segment clients for targeted treatment, recommend appropriate client strategies utilizing advanced analytics approaches such as predictive and prescriptive modeling, and create tangible and significant business impact on Vanguard’s businesses and clients. Ensures application of quality controls throughout projects.
- Builds and develops a team of advanced analytics analysts and data engineers with deep expertise in analytics, technology tools, data and Vanguard’s businesses. Supports team’s continuous development to advance their technical and soft skillsets, and to stay abreast with industry innovations in analytics and tools.
- Manages the work process and resource allocation within the analyst team to support and staff advanced analytics projects appropriately. Ensures application of quality controls throughout projects. Measures business impacts with robust framework.
- Leads the team to design, develop, and deliver data to support analytic projects in the CAI. Improves upon process as necessary to ensure completion of sophisticated ad hoc data requests by the CAI.
- Drives creative and innovative analytic applications and results. Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data, analytic approaches, techniques and capabilities.
- Builds deep expertise in Vanguard’s data and external data. Consults on this knowledge and applies it to complex analytics projects. Identifies data and analytic tool gaps by working with other CAI teams, business partners and IT, and recommends corrective action.
- Partners with IT and Enterprise Data Governance on continuous improvement efforts and stewardship of the data and analytics environment for advanced analytics, champions the needs for technology, data and analytics.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to determine change management and control implications.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as economics, statistics, mathematics or an applied social science, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred. Academic training in applied statistics.
- Minimum eight years of relevant work experience in applied quantitative functions in the financial services industry.
- Proven track record leading the development and delivery of advanced, actionable analytic products and services.
- Proficiency in applied statistical techniques, such as cluster and segmentation analysis, regression and logistic regression analysis, time series analysis, and developing and monitoring scorecards.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and SQL. Python and R experience preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong presentation skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top