Data Analytics - Internal Audit
Vanguard has a new Data Analytics opportunity open in our Global IT Audit Services Data Analytics team in Malvern, PA. We're looking for someone with a strong understanding of Internal Audit and data analytics. You'll work closely with the internal audit teams to empower, design and deliver analytics that increase the assurance of audits, while also providing insight into the operating effectiveness of the control environment. Bring your future to Vanguard, and benefit from a flexible and well-balanced work environment, progressive career development tools, and the opportunity to become an indispensable partner and trusted voice.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design, code, and verification phases. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients and less experienced team members.
- Design, develop, and plan meaningful data analysis projects while working closely with auditors to provide value to the audit processes.
- Maintain skills related to technical issues such as data extraction, data file formats and structures, transporting data, merging files, and data manipulation and management (keys, indexing, normalization, etc.).
- Apply analytical techniques such as regression, data visualization, benchmarking, and hypothesis testing to enhance audits assurance.
- Manage data analytic learning needs of Internal Audit teams. Conduct learning sessions on tools and data sources used by the team. Provide job aids to team members and business users.
You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with audit teams and business clients, identifying challenges by asking probing questions, and providing unprecedented insights through the effective analysis and interpretation of data. Development of these relationship management skills will also enable you to coach and guide newer staff and become a visible and trusted partner across the organization.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience with a strong background in data analysis, statistical analysis, or related field; public accounting is a plus (but not required).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be an independent worker with strong project management skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Systems analysis and design techniques.
- Basic knowledge of one or more development tools and programming languages including: AWS, Cloud Analytics, Python, R, SQL
- ACL / AX experience a plus.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top